[in the upper left corner] Mary C. Jewell.
[in the upper right corner] Jessie G. Herr.
Alt. 86, 260.
- The sun and moon are darkened,
- The ocean depths are stirred,
- The everlasting mountains
- Are scattered at God's word.
- The nations, rent asunder,
- Do not of him inquire;
- He stands the earth to measure
- In flaming judgement fire.
- Hark! all ye sons of Zion,
- God uttereth his voice!
- While tribes of earth are mourning,
- 'Tis giv'n you to rejoice.
- The forces led by Satan
- Defy the God of heav'n;
- Yet unto Christ on Zion
- The Kingdom has been giv'n.
- With Truth's fair banner waving
- March forth to meet the foe!
- The Lord will fight the battle;
- Sing ye, but strike no blow!
- O sound the trumpet loudly;
- Obey your King's command;
- Deliverence is promised
- To Gideon's faithful band.
- ↑ [Note by an Editor of this article]
Their works have been made anonymous since 1944. And many of them are sung still today. This implies that the copyright of this song has been held by Watchtower Society.