[In the upper left side] AUSTRIA. 8.7.D.
Alt. 90, 328.
- Glorious things of thee are spoken,
- Zion, city of our God.
- He whose word cannot be broken
- Formed thee for his own abode.
- On the Rock of Ages founded,
- Naught can shake thy sure repose;
- With Salvation's walls surrounded,
- Thou shalt triumph o'er thy foes.
- Build upon this sure foundation,
- Zion shall in glory rise;
- Men shall call thy walls Salvation,
- And thy gates shall be named Praise.
- The redeemed of ev'ry nation
- Shall with joy thy glory see,
- And find rest from tribulation,
- Hope and life and peace in thee.
- Then the streams of living waters,
- Springing from eternal love,
- Will supply thy sons and daughters,
- And all fear of want remove.
- Who need faint while such a river
- Ever flows their thirst t'assuage?
- Grace, which, like the Lord, the giver,
- Never fails from age to age.
- Who would faint while such a prospect
- Urges on to faithfulness,
- Though thy present mournful aspect
- Seem no cause for thankfulness?
- Look not at the things beside thee;
- Those behind thee have no worth:
- Let the glorious hope before thee
- Fill thy heart with rapturous mirth.