Words and music by Jessie G. Herr.
Alt. 16, 22
- Arise! Arise! Ye saints of God,
- Gird firm your armor on.
- The time has come for all to fight;
- The siege will not be long.
- The Lord, our Captain, goes before,
- He leads his mighty throng.
- Then rise and join thee in the ranks,
- His truth shall be our song.
- He calls! He calls! With joy we haste,
- To join him in the fray.
- His strength shall bear our spirits up
- To press on in his way.
- We're willing in his day of pow'r
- To serve as he doth guide.
- With loyal and with faithful hearts,
- We labor on his side.
- No more at ease shall we sit down,
- But in his strength we go.
- With boldness, trusting in his grace,
- We fear not any foe.
- O, use us, Lord, to serve for Thee,
- Shield us with pow'r divine.
- No credit for ourselves we claim,
- The Victory be thine!
- ↑ [Note by an Editor of this article]
Her works have been made anonymous since 1944. And many of them are sung still today. This implies that the copyright of this song has been held by Watchtower Society.